David Hamblin ~ Millennial Reign Primer Basics: Understanding Worldwide Changes
God has a great heart for mankind. God does not want to curse us. God wants to bless us. The blessings are conditional. He has to punish the wicked. The millennial reign reveals how He wants to deal with us. The millennial reign will bring change, and blessings with the change. Revelation ends with a new heaven and a new earth. The closer we get to an event being fulfilled (the millennium), the less people seem to care.
Setting The Stage For The Millennial Reign
The 1000 year reign of Christ (Rev. 20:7) is also known as:
- The Day of the Lord
- That Day
- The Millennial Reign
- Start at sunset- not a predetermined time
- Requires observation
The Day of the Lord:
- Starts with the darkest of nights:
- 70th week of Daniel
- The 7 year tribulation (including the great tribulation)
- Concludes with the brightest of days
Effects of the night:
- Untold multitudes resurrected in the rapture (50% of Jews?)
- 50% of world’s population perishes during 7 year tribulation based on 25% of 4th horseman (Rev. 6:8) and the 6th trumpet’s armies (Rev. 9:15)
- 2/3 of Jews perish (Zech. 13:8-9)
- Earth’s topography radically altered: “…great earthquake…mighty an earthquake and so great…every island fled away, and the mountains were not found (Rev. 16:18-20)
There will be a radical change in the environment of the earth.
Effects of the Night:
- Earth’s climate radically altered: “…light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun…the light of the sun shall be sevenfold…” (Isa. 30:26)
Jesus’ Return brings an end to the Night:
- Brings His armies with Him
- Ends last war- battle of Armageddon
- Brings mortal survivor judgments:
- Jews (third perish?)- leaves remnant of 1/9: based on faithfulness to their covenant
- Gentiles- based on whether they accept Jesus as king
- Nations- based on treatment of Jews throughout the ages
Following the judgments of the mortal survivors, Jesus creates the new political system and appoints its rulers. (Rev. 20:4) These people paid with their lives and had victory over the mark, were resurrected and are now ruling over the millennial reign. Refer to Rev. 20:6- they shall reign with Christ for 1000 years.
The appointed rulers:
- All resurrected saints reign
- Includes the martyrs of the Great Tribulation- who are explicitly referenced
- As Christ is both High Priest AND King. The rulers are both priests and kings- the separation of church and state is forever broken.
- The appointed rulers:
- Are resurrected
- Are perfected (incapable of sin)
- Are immortal
- Reign over mortal survivors
- Some passages suggest some human mortals also receive appointments but their new roles and relationships to the resurrected saints is unclear
Jesus’ Reign will feature peace, safety, righteousness, prosperity, long life, no famine, absence of disease, spiritual awakening, deaf will hear, no droughts, no natural disasters, and health.
The path to blessing is the fear of God in the millennial reign. Fear helps us to submit to and obey God, and this brings His blessings. Fear motivates us to obedience and blessings.
Source Of Fear: Righteousness Judgment
I Timothy 1:9-10
Jesus will judge sin and punish because of sin
Nations will come to Jerusalem to worship
Zec. 14:17-19, Jer. 3:17, Isa. 25:3, 29:24, 32:1-8
Today, it is hard to find righteousness. In the millennium, it will be the opposite and hard to find the pockets of resistance. Punishment will drive the sin down and the fear away, and it will enhance obedience which will result in blessing after blessing.
Psalms 72 is a Psalm about Jesus’ millennial reign. The cycle of obedience and blessings is clear.
God’s Millennial Reign Blessings
God’s Blessing come in many forms including:
- Peace Isa. 2:4, 11:6-8, Mic. 4:3 There will be peace in the animal kingdom and peace among the nations. There will be no threat of war or invasion.
- Fresh Water Zec. 8-12, Eze. 34:26, Isa. 30:25, 35:6-7, 41:18 Fresh water will be everywhere.
- Food, Health Luke 6:1-10, 14:2-4, John 9:13-14, Zec. 8:12, Eze. 34:27, Isa. 35:1-6, 29:17-18, 41:19 Food will be plentiful. Good health will prevail.
- Environmental Changes Rev. 16:20, Isa. 29:12, 30:26, 34:6-11, Rev. 18:21-23 Russia and Iran will pursue Israel’s crude oil. Absent from millennial descriptions: earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis, hurricanes, blizzards, floods, volcanoes, hail storms.
- Spiritual Isa. 29:19-20, 30:19, 21, 65:24
- Prosperity Mic. 4:4, Isa. 65:20-23, Psa. 72:7, Gen. 47:13-26 The lifespans before the flood will be restored again.
- Nature Isa. 65:25, 11:6-8
Putting it all together
Today, under God’s curse:
- Population- 7 billion
- Growth rate: doubling every 50 years
Under Jesus’ reign:
- Population at start: 3.5 billion
- Growth rate ? Perhaps doubling every 25 years
- There are no famines, no abortion, no wars, plenty of food and water, etc. The population will grow rapidly with no adverse effects.
Disproving Human Fears
Disproving during the Tribulation:
- Unlimited nuclear wars
- Unlimited chemical wars
- Biological wars / out of control pestilence
- Meteorite strikes
- Out of control weather patterns- floods, tsunamis, gigantic hail…
- Worldwide earthquakes
- Environmental disasters
Fearing the Lord is a good thing. Fearing anything else captivates and enslaves us. Sin is destroying the world. The absence of sin frees the world.
Disproved during Jesus’ reign:
- Global warming / climate change or the latest silly theory
- Environmental disasters
- Runaway population growth
The great white throne judgment is for the wicked.
The millennial reign witnesses a time of unparalleled, unbridled prosperity where all enjoy the fruits of world-wide righteousness:
- Abundance of food, fresh water, other resources- despite record population levels
- Long Life
- Peace with God, peace between nations, peace between people, peace with animals, peace with weather